As summer temperatures rise, often so does the electricity bill. If you’re looking for some ways to beat the heat and save energy this summer, check out the tips below.
- Keep shades closed when the air conditioner is on.
- Use cold water to wash dishes and clothes.
- Raise your thermostat to 78 degrees.
- Turn lights off when exiting a room.
- Unplug equipment or appliances not in use.
- Use weather-strip and caulk.
- Install low-flow shower heads and faucets.
- Install ceiling fans and make sure they are flowing down.
- Check and clean filters.