Check out when your state Arbor Day is, many states celebrate on different days depending on the best times of the year to plant trees.
- Recycling a single run of the Sunday New York Times would save 75,000 trees.
- If all our newspaper was recycled, we could save about 250,000,000 trees each year!
- The average American uses seven trees a year in paper, wood, and other products made from trees.
- The amount of wood and paper we throw away each year is enough to heat 50,000,000 homes for 20 years.
- Approximately 1 billion trees worth of paper are thrown away every year in the U.S.
- Americans use 85,000,000 tons of paper a year; about 680 pounds per person.
- The average household throws away 13,000 separate pieces of paper each year. Most is packaging and junk mail.
- Every day, Americans buy about 62 million newspapers and throw out around 44 million of them. If we recycled just half our newsprint every year, we would need 3,200 fewer garage trucks to collect our trash.
- Americans throw away the equivalent of more than 30 million trees in newsprint each year.
- For every 15,000 tons of old newspaper recycled annually, 30 jobs are created to collect the paper, and 40 jobs are created to process the paper.
- Trees are the longest living organism on earth.
- Trees provide shade and shelter.
- Trees lower air temperature by evaporating water in their leaves.
- The average tree in an urban/city area has a life expectancy of only 8 years.
- Tree roots stabilize soil and prevent erosion.
- About one third of the United States of America is covered by forests.
- A single tree can absorb one ton of carbon dioxide.
- One acre of trees removes up to 2.6 tons of carbon dioxide each year.
- The death of one 70 year old tree would return over 3 tons of carbon to the atmosphere.
- Tree rings provide information about environmental events.
- Trees grow from the top.
- A branch’s location on a tree will only move up the trunk a few inches in 1000 years.
- Trees receive an estimated 90% of their nutrition from the atmosphere and only 10% from the soil.
Valentine’s Day is approaching fast! This year rather than going to your local neighborhood store and buying the generic card and gift why not consider purchasing a gift that shows how much you love your partner and your country. Put your money to good use by buying from small businesses and purchasing made in America products. Buy them a gift that has great quality instead of purchasing it for its sweet deal. If you still have no idea what to buy, we here at Dolphin Blue have you covered! Don’t limit yourself to only buying these products, there are tons and tons of other made in America products out there just for this special occasion!
Here are some great American-made gift ideas to help you keep your Valentine’s Day Made in the USA:
- Valentine’s Day cards! Dolphin Blue has the Love Birds Seed Paper Keepsake Card. This card is made from seed paper, so after the recipient removes the insert with your message they can plant the card and enjoy flowers for months to come!
- Bissinger’s Chocolates: Delicious chocolates and marshmallows made by hand and use high-quality cocoa beans, made in St. Louis, MO.
- OM Cocktails is a USDA certified cocktail and is the first of its kind! It’s made with certified organic ingredients and contains no artificial flavors or preservatives!If you’re more of a wine person, buy from your local wineries. You can visit the American Winery Guide and search for all the wineries that are near your area.
- Who doesn’t love cute and cuddly bears for valentines? Give your loved one a snugly Vermont Teddy Bear for Valentine’s Day!
- For the risky buyers, Hanky Panky has been proudly making lingerie in the USA since 1977. They’re top of the line when it comes to lingerie and lets not forget their unique bouquet of thong roses!
- If you want to be completely out of the box then dedicate a tree to someone! Our Tree Planting Gift is a special and unique gift you can give to your partner, family member or a friend.
Make this the most memorable year for both you and your sweetheart and have fun shopping for products made in the USA for Valentine’s Day!