With Mother’s Day being this Sunday, we wanted to give you some fun and interesting facts about Mother’s Day.
- 2014 marks the 100th anniversary of Mother’s Day!
- About 85% of adult men and women celebrate Mother’s Day
- Mother’s Day is always on the second Sunday in May.
- Mother’s Day is the second most popular holiday for gift-giving, Christmas is the first.
- In the vast majority of the world’s languages, the word for “mother” begins with the letter M.
- Ancient Egyptians believed that ‘Bast’ was the mother of all cats on Earth, and that cats were sacred animals.
- In the U.S., there are about 82.5 million mothers.
- Mother’s Day is widely reported as the peak day for the year for long distance telephone calls.
- Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for many restaurants.
- In the Bible, Eve is credited with being the ‘Mother of All the Living.’
Not only should you give lots of love to your mom this Mother’s Day but give some love to our Mother Earth as well!
Check out the cool infographic SheKnows made when they asked moms for their little secrets and compiled “The 7 Secrets of Mom’s Heart,” (for moms and the kids that love them).