Did you know you could keep recycling the soda can you’re drinking out of forever? Well, you CAN (get it?) and here are some reasons why you should:
- It takes the same amount of energy to create 1 new can as it does to create 20 recycled cans
- Even though it accounts for less than 2% of the weight of USA’s recycling stream, aluminum generates 40% of the revenue needed to sustain all recycling programs – about a $1 billion a year
- Recycling aluminum cans diverted 1.7 billion pounds from landfills
- Used aluminum cans are recycled and returned to store shelves in as few as 60 days
- Aluminum never wears out and can be recycled forever
So make sure the next can you drink from ends up in a recycling bin and keep the infinite aluminum recycling process going strong!
If you’re looking to add more green to your life, check out www.dolphinblue.com today.