When it comes to buying toys for your children or grandchildren you have millions of options. Toys are one of the most cherished aspects of childhood, yet each year many children are rushed to emergency rooms due to toy-related injuries So, how do you successfully browse the toy aisle to find a fun and safe toy for your child?
Dolphin Blue has compiled a short guide to help you find the right toy for your tot:
- Paint on toys should always be lead-free
- Toys should be made of non-toxic materials in case they are accidentally ingested
- Fabric on toys should be flame resistant or flame retardant
- Toys should be washable in case they become soiled during play
- Check that noisy toys are not noisy enough to cause hearing damage to your child
- Toys should not have small parts or strings that could be dangerous to a child if they break or come loose
- Make sure a toy is intended for your child’s age group by checking the packaging or label
- Be cautious of older toys or hand-me-down toys as they may not have been subject to current safety standards and could contain parts or paint that is dangerous to your child
Dolphin Blue took all of these guidelines into account when choosing the toys that we carry in our store. Green Toys are made from 100% recycled milk jugs and re-processed into HDPE, one of the safest plastics around. They are designed without any external coatings to eliminate the danger of lead paint and contain no traceable amounts of phthalates or BPA.
Green Toys are not only safe for your children, they’re also safe for the environment. Every Green Toy is sustainably made in the U.S.A. and completely recyclable. On average, every pound of recycled milk jugs used to make Green Toys saves enough electricity to power a laptop for a whole month!