Recently, one of our customers from Manning Architecture asked why we do what we do at Dolphin Blue. Our CEO, Thomas Kemper, answered that we do it to make sure our carbon footprint is small and our mission is to create a sustainable planet for future generations.
Dolphin Blue CEO, Thomas Kemper, speaks on how we can help our environment.
- How can investing in sustainability help businesses’ bottom line?
Can we begin by defining sustainability as meaning: meeting the social, ecological and economic needs of our generation, while allowing future generations the ability to meet their own social, ecological and economic needs. As author and Sr. VP Marketing with IBM Canada, Bob Willard points out in his book, The Sustainability Advantage, there are several factors that contribute to a financially stronger bottom line in companies that operate in a sustainable manner.
Some of these factors contributing to a financially stronger bottom line are:
· Competitive advantage in the market served by a company.
· Higher retention of employees.
· Goodwill in the communities served by a company.
· Higher employee morale, which equates to higher productivity.
· Savings gained from conservation of energy and improved systems’ efficiencies.
· Easier to recruit as well as to retain good employees. Continue reading
Conducting business in a sustainable manner means you can spend less and increase revenue.
The swelter of summer is officially here — in Dallas, we’ve been experiencing triple-digit temperatures more days than not lately. There’s no better way to cool off — or, at least, brave the heat — than with a summer soiree for your friends, family, or the neighbors. The great outdoors is the best background for such a shindig, and you can easily incorporate earth-friendly principles into your party.